Saturday 23 July 2016

Cambo and the Edinburgh Drawing School

I have spent most of the last week at Cambo House, near to where I live, on an art course, run by the Edinburgh Drawing School, with the artist Paul Mowat. It was an intense few days which certainly got me out of my comfort zone as far as painting and drawng is concerned.

On one of the hotest days of the year it was pleasant to wander through Cambo woods and select a couple of places to do some sketching. Unfortunately, we had to work in charcoal and chalk pastels - a couple of media I never feel confident with. But, I found a couple of lovely spots in the woods:




These drawings were used as the basis for a selection of mixed media works - block printing on a randomly painted ground followed by a little more carefully targetted painting. The results, which are mirror images due to the printing process, are very different from my usual work:





 More to follow............


No comments:

Post a Comment